Skip to main content


What happens if I am in an accident without insurance?

Car accident without insurance

If you were involved in an accident without insurance, but the accident was not your fault, you’re most likely in luck… this time. In Washington State, you are entitled to recover fully for your injuries from the driver who was at fault for the collision even if you did not have car insurance at the time of the crash, assuming he or she has adequate insurance to cover your damages. This is not universally the case. Several states have what are called “no pay no play” statues that limit an uninsured driver’s recovery to only his or her actual expenses, such as medical bills and property damage. “No pay no play” states generally do not allow an uninsured driver to recover for his or her pain and suffering or other general damages.

If you were involved in an accident without liability insurance that was your fault, you are unfortunately in many ways out of luck. While you can get your medical bills paid if you have health insurance, your other losses such as pain, suffering, disability, etc. are your own responsibility. In addition, anyone injured or suffering damage in the collision will, or their attorneys will, likely come after you to make them whole for their losses, including property damage, lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.


the initial consultation is free

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Please call (425) 679-0742 or contact The Hornbuckle Firm today to schedule your free nursing home abuse and neglect consultation. The firm has litigated cases in Washington, Tennessee, and Texas. We accept cases from all states across the country.

Close Menu