Skip to main content

Can I File A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?

By March 16, 2015February 9th, 2017Wrongful Death

In the state of Washington, wrongful death lawsuits can be filed by any representative of the deceased’s estate. In cases where the victim was married or partnered, these actions are typically filed by the spouse, but other parties may include:

  • Children, adopted children, and stepchildren
  • Parents, grand-parents, and adoptive parents
  • Siblings

Legal guardians may also be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit, even if there is no familial relationship to the deceased.

If you have lost a loved one in an accident, please call Tacoma wrongful death attorney Stephen Hornbuckle at (425) 679-0742 to schedule a free and informative consultation.


In a wrongful death suit, damages focus on both economic and noneconomic losses suffered by surviving family members. This may include end of life medical and funeral expenses, projected future earnings and financial contributions, loss of companionship, and mental pain and anguish. While none of these things can ever truly compensate for the loss of a loved one, they can provide surviving family members with the assistance they need to carry on in the absence of his or her support.

To schedule your free consultation with our caring and dedicated Tacoma wrongful death attorney, please contact the Hornbuckle Firm today. We serve families in Tacoma, Seattle, Bellevue, and surrounding Washington communities.

Blog By:

The Hornbuckle Firm

1408 – 140th Place NE, Suite 250
Bellevue, Washington 98007

Phone: (425) 679-0742

Close Menu