Skip to main content

Who Can File A Wrongful Death Lawsuit In Washington?

By June 23, 2015February 9th, 2017Wrongful Death

If you have lost a loved one in an accident, you may be entitled to seek damages through a wrongful death lawsuit. The best way to determine if you have a right to file suit is through a one-on-one consultation with Tacoma wrongful death attorney Stephen Hornbuckle.

To schedule a free consultation and learn more about your rights, please call Attorney Hornbuckle at (425) 679-0742 today.

In the state of Washington, parties that may be entitled to file a wrongful death claim include:

  • A legal representative of the deceased’s estate
  • Spouses and state registered domestic partners
  • Children, stepchildren, and adopted children

In some cases, parents, grandparents, and siblings may have a right to file suit as well. This is something Mr. Hornbuckle can discuss with you in greater detail during your initial consultation.

It is important to remember that a wrongful death claim does not seek criminal penalties. Even in cases where a person has been found innocent of criminal wrongdoing, they may still be liable for damages under civil law. This can be discussed in greater detail during your case evaluation.

If you have lost a loved one in an accident, please contact the Hornbuckle Firm to learn more about your rights. Our wrongful death lawyer serves Tacoma, Bellevue, Seattle, and all surrounding areas of Washington.

Blog By:

The Hornbuckle Firm

1408 – 140th Place NE, Suite 250
Bellevue, Washington 98007

Phone: (425) 679-0742

Close Menu